Do you know the reasons why your belly is still growing? If you don’t know, there are a combination of reasons behind your belly fat. Such factors that contribute to your belly fat are your genes, the amount of rest you get, what you eat, how much physical work you do, how much stress you take, etc. So, you want to know how this belly fat goes away? For that, you need to understand all the reasons that cause belly fat. By tackling the triggers, you can manage your belly fat easily.
Doral Health & Wellness has an advanced bariatric clinic that offers laparoscopic surgeries in bariatrics including Gastric sleeve surgery, Gastric bypass surgery, and Sleeve gastrectomy.
Keep reading this article to learn the surprising reasons for belly fat.
Belly fat is one of the things that not only make you unhealthy but also leads to other physical and mental issues. Having a belly is normal and not harmful. But having a big beer gut is bad, as it is a sign of being overweight or obese.
Obesity is a chronic condition in which excessive amounts of body fat lead to serious health issues such as type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, kidney problems, cardiovascular diseases, or stroke. So, you must manage your belly fat to live a healthy life.
Reasons for abdominal fat
While reducing belly fat is the only option to make you fit. However, belly fat is not caused by a single factor. Many factors cause your belly fat, including:
- Genetics: While this may be surprising to you, genetics also influence your weight, body structure, or metabolism. And metabolism plays a key role in using energy for the body and converting it into fat. While genetics is a reason to get belly fat, it is not true in all cases. But it is one of the factors that influence in many cases, while these genes can give you belly fat, you can overcome it by following a proper weight loss program.
- Your eating habits: While many of you already know this. But this is one of the most crucial factors that contribute to your belly fat even when you’re eating a healthy diet. Because eating habits tell how much you eat and when. And these eating habits can determine your belly fat. Because the more you eat and the less you burn to make the body get more calories than required. And the surplus that doesn’t get used will be stored as fat in the abdomen and make it grow.
- Choice of foods you eat: Food choice is another factor that makes your belly fat grow. If you think only fatty food can make you fat. You’re wrong! Because a healthy diet can also make you fat if your physical activity is less and your body burns fewer calories than you consume. So, you should eat food that has fewer calories and considerable amounts of fiber and nutrients, especially protein.
- Physical activity: Physical activity not only means gym but the physical activity that you perform throughout your day. If you have a sedentary job and you sit, more chances are your body burns fewer calories than it needs. And many people after workouts start eating food because of their carving and eating more than needed. Even though some people only need water, they drink juice which adds a lot of calories. Less physical activity not only influences belly fat but also your sleep quality, metabolism, and mental health.
- Sleep: It is an underrated factor that influences your belly fat and weight. Sleep burns fat at night to repair damaged tissues and cells. Less sleep means less energy expenditure to repair your body and some people drink coffee and eat snacks to keep themselves awake; that adds more calories to their diet which can grow belly fat.
- Stress: Stress is a factor that people don’t think influence belly fat. But that’s where they are wrong. Stress can influence your thinking and many people start stress eating to remove their stress to feel relieved. And people tend to eat sugary and fatty food items, that make them feel good and these items are always high in bad fat increasing their belly fat.
- Other causes: Other causes like underlying disease and its medications can cause belly fat. For example, diabetes can cause obesity which can increase belly fat. Some medicine like steroids, drugs, antidepressants, etc. can cause belly fat. Belly fat is also caused when your gut bacteria are not working properly. As in your gut there is a ton of bacteria living. Some help with digestion while some break down the calories to absorb by your liver. These bacteria break down too many calories. The liver absorbs more calories which increases your belly fat.
A combination of these factors causes belly fat.
To prevent belly fat or to reduce it you can follow these steps:
- You should change your diet plan. You should eat 3 meals a day. No snacks in the meantime. But you can drink 1 or 2 cups of green tea and coffee. In your diet, follow a low-calorie high-fiber diet that contains fruits and vegetables, not meat and dairy products. Drink plenty of water.
- Change your eating habits. Eat on a smaller plate with portion control.
- Regularly do intense workouts, which can improve your sleep quality, reduce your stress, and burn your calories. You can do aerobics or weight training for better results.
- Sleep more than 7 to 8 hours a day.
- Reduce your stress by learning stress relief techniques such as deep breathing, mindful meditation, yoga, etc.
- Change your medications if it is the reason behind your weight gain. Talk to your doctor or take an alternative.
- Quit smoking, if you do, and drink alcohol in moderation.
Belly fat is a growing problem for many people. People don’t know the reason behind their weight gain, which makes it hard to overcome the problem that makes it happen. Learning these surprising reasons that increase your belly fat can help them to eradicate the problem from its root and make your life healthy.
Want a weight loss program to follow to reduce your belly fat naturally?
Call us at 1-347-384-5690 to schedule an appointment, or walk in for an appointment at 1797 Pitkin Avenue, Brooklyn, New York 11212. Our bariatric doctors not only treat patients with weight loss surgeries but also give a treatment that makes them comfortable while losing weight. Get the physique that you deserve.
You can also log on to https://bariatricbrooklyn.com/ to schedule your appointment online.