Are you planning to get weight loss surgery to shed extra pounds?
While weight loss is greatly beneficial there are some side effects too; if you lose a lot of weight, you will experience headaches, dizziness, constipation, etc. Even though these side effects are manageable, sometimes you might experience some serious issues. So, it is essential that before starting to lose too much weight you should know the benefits and side effects that you might experience. Doral Health & Wellness has an advanced bariatric clinic that offers laparoscopic surgeries in bariatrics including gastric sleeve surgery, gastric bypass surgery, and sleeve gastrectomy.
Keep reading this article to learn more.
Weight loss is essential if you are suffering from obesity (excessive fat) in the body which can lead to further serious physical and mental conditions such as blood vessel damage, type 2 diabetes, vision loss, nerve damage, kidney disease, stroke, or cardiovascular disease.
That’s why you should lose weight. While rapid weight loss gives many benefits and has some serious issues and other side effects too.
What happens when you lose too much weight too fast
Losing a lot of weight, especially if you are obese or overweight is very beneficial (with some minor side effects too). In some special cases, you might experience some major physical conditions.
These are the benefits you can experience once you lose excess weight:
- When you lose weight, you start to feel more physically active to perform daily activities.
- Decreased risk of cancer and other diseases
- Improves your mood
- Sleep quality will improve
- Food tastes different & better
Side effects of losing too much weight
Losing weight drastically & fast can lead to some side effects too, including:
- Sudden headaches
- Nausea and vomiting
- Hair fall
- Loose or hanging skin
- Muscle loss
- Irregular menstrual cycle in women
Sometimes you might develop some serious conditions such as:
- Malnutrition: Malnutrition can happen because your digestion is affected due to a bariatric procedure, and your body is not able to absorb nutrients as effectively.
- Electrolyte imbalances
- Gallstones: Only 12 to 15% of people develop gallstones as a side effect of losing substantial amounts of weight rapidly.
Looking for more information on weight loss surgery? Call us at 1-347-384-5690 to schedule an appointment. Or walk in for an appointment at 1797 Pitkin Avenue, Brooklyn, New York 11212.